Frequently Asked Question
**If the customer is not sure of what they are doing or nontech savvy, let them send a photo of the modem or the
• Check the number of dropouts in the Router
• Ask the customer the number of times they power cycle the modem to determine the correct number
of valid dropouts
• determine if the issue occurs via ethernet cable or Wi-Fi
• For Wi-Fi-related issues – you can try changing the Wi-Fi channel in the Modem interface. Educate
customer on factors that affects the Wi-Fi signal
• Power cycle the Modem/Router. Turn the modem off, unplug from the power for at least a minute
before plugging it back in and turning it back on.
• Modem from another provider may work with us but may encounter issues such as dropouts or slow
speed due to compatibility issues. Let the customer try another modem to test.
• PPPoE direct connection to determine if it’s a Modem or NTD issue and allow 24-hour monitoring. Refer
to page 24
•Escalate the issue to Engineers and send a technician if necessary